Monday, March 3, 2014

Canoeing on the Wey Navigation

landscaping idea

Took a 3 hour canoe trip along the Wey Navigation to better inform my design project.
Being in a canoe I was able to explore the small tributaries and off-shoots of the navigation. I was particularly interested in looking at the surrounding topography and the biodiversity found at the waters edge.
Also this trip made me have to consider the dimensions of some of my design, primarily being the width and structure of the canals. I need to widen the canals i have proposed and also introduce some wooden structured bank supports into my fish canal, this will help the canals biodiversity and ensure a better habitat for the fish.

landscaping idea photo galleries
landscaping idea photo galleries

No comments:

Post a Comment